You’ve worked hard to lose a substantial amount of weight, but you’ve been left with excess sagging fat and skin around your midsection.
Or perhaps the effects on your body from pregnancy and breastfeeding stops you from feeling your best self. And you feel it’s time you gave yourself a mummy makeover.
Excess skin is sometimes impossible to treat with exercise and diet alone. Body lift surgery performed by Dr Tim in Sydney is an excellent option to remove excess skin and give you the body contour you crave.
Having studied with plastic surgery specialists from around the world, Dr Tim uses this experience to produce beautiful results.
- Dr Tim customises these procedures to fit the exact needs of each patient.
- Depending on the extent of the body lift, a horizontal incision around the abdomen is made to allow for removal of excess skin and fat, as well as general tightening.
- The body lift procedure works to improve 3 areas of the body.
- Front of body: Excess skin and fat from the abdomen is pulled down to create a flatter appearance. The front and upper half of the inner thighs are lifted, and the pubis is reduced.
- Sides: The waistline becomes more pronounced, as lateral skin folds are pulled upwards.
- Back: Excess skin is pulled downward to reveal a firmer look. The small of the back is re-contoured, and the buttocks are lifted for a more youthful appearance.
- The incision scar is properly positioned to fit your lifestyle and clothing preferences. He will discuss this, as well as other concerns, during your initial consultation.
Body lift surgery is performed under general anaesthesia as an inpatient in hospital.
Duration of the procedure is on average 8 hours. But can be around 6-7 hours for smaller patients who don’t need debulking with a lot of liposuction. Or up to 9-10 hours for larger patients who may need time for liposuction before removing excess skin.
You can expect to stay in hospital for around 7 days. You will most likely have drains in which will determine your length of stay in hospital.
As technology improves, we are seeing better results and a decreased overall recovery time. Although results vary from person to person, most patients are able to return to work within 4 to 6 weeks.
Strenuous activity can be resumed shortly after this, and Dr Tim recommends wearing an abdominal binder for additional support for 2 to 6 weeks after the surgery.
You can enjoy permanent results from your body lift at 12 months, assuming no significant weight fluctuations occur.