Breast augmentation, or breast implants as they are commonly called, is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries performed in Sydney by Dr Tim.
Whether you are looking for an enlargement to create more fullness in your breasts, or you’ve noticed changes in your breasts from motherhood or weight loss, breast augmentation surgery is designed to give you natural looking breasts that you’ll love.
Consider to be one of the top surgeons in Sydney, Dr Tim helps you understand the implications of changing the size and shape of your breast implants, and how it will affect your final result.
Taking into account your chest size and breast base measurements, Dr Tim uses his expertise to determine the optimal implant size. Using a VECTRA 3D imaging system, we simulate and compare implant choice and record the chest measurements and any asymmetry that could affect the outcome.
- Implants push the breast tissue forward, making them appear larger and fuller
- Concealed and well-placed incisions in the fold below the breasts, in the armpit or around the areola. Dr Tim will discuss the most suitable incision placement during your consultation
- Ideal for mums if you’ve lost breast volume or have some stretching out of their breast skin
- If your breast skin is stretched excessively then a breast lift may also be required
- In most cases, implants are inserted in the submammary position
Breast augmentation surgery is performed under general anaesthesia as an inpatient in hospital.
The surgery itself is around 1 to 2 hours and is normally performed as day surgery. But some patients do prefer to recover overnight in the hospital.
You will have to wear a compression bra for 6 weeks post-operatively.
Recovery time varies but most people are able to return to work after 3 to 7 days for submammary implants. For subpectoral implants, the recovery time is around 5 to 10 days.
Physical contact with the breasts or lifting should be avoided for 3 to 4 weeks.
You can expect to see the final results within 1 month for submammary implants. And within 4 months for subpectoral implants.
Breast augmentation surgery is designed to offer long term results. Your specific length of the result will vary with the aging process.