Your eyes tell a story and allow you to express your personality. But they don’t have to tell your age.
Regain a more youthful appearance and say goodbye to droopy eyelids and puffy bags under your eyes. Rejuvenate your eyes with blepharoplasty surgery, commonly called eyelid lift surgery.
Dr Tim is a Sydney based cosmetic surgeon who can create a surgery plan that targets either the upper or lower eyelid (or both) and give you a more youthful appearance. In cases of dramatically ‘hooded’ eyelids, eye lift surgery can even improve your vision.
Upper eyelid lift
- Upper blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) helps you to achieve a smooth, natural-looking crease in your upper eyelid.
- An incision is created in the eyelid that is easily hidden by the eyelid crease, following recovery.
- During surgery, a crescent-shaped piece of skin, underlying muscle and excess fat are removed from the eyelid.
- Asian patients can receive great results with eyelid surgery without erasing any trace of heritage.
Lower eyelid lift
- Lower blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) helps you to achieve smooth contouring under your eye.
- If Dr Tim needs to remove excess skin, he will place a very fine incision just beneath the lower lash line.
- If all that is needed is a removal or re-contouring of lower lid fat, he can do so through a transconjunctival incision made within the eyelid.
- Dr Tim also commonly performs a canthopexy for patients who need extra support to tighten the lower eyelid.
Upper eye lid surgery can be done under local anaesthetic in the clinic.
Otherwise, eyelid lift surgery is performed in hospital under general anaesthesia in most cases. The surgery takes 45 minutes for upper eyelids and 1 to 2 hours for lower eyelids.
Your expected recovery time can vary, with most patients able to comfortably read within 2 to 3 days and return back to work within 7 to 10 days.
If you wear contact lenses, you can usually wear these again within one week of surgery.
Physical exercise and other strenuous activities can be safely resumed, 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.
You can expect bruising and swelling to reduce within 7 to 14 days. Most patients see final results within 2 to 4 weeks and are able to enjoy their results for around 10 years.
Dr Tim will be able to give you recovery estimates for your surgery during your consultation.
To decrease the amount of overall recovery time and cost of surgery, many patients will combine cosmetic procedures for a more dramatic result.
Typical complementary procedure choices for eyelid surgery include brow lift, neck lift and facelift. Dr Tim will help you choose which procedures are best for your needs and will help you customise those procedures to create optimal results.